Hauppauge 2011-2012 budget highlights
- Proposed budget 2011-2012 is $97,176,503 up 3.35% from 2010-2011 budget.
- Proposed Tax Levy 2011-2012 is $74,554,055 up 3.46% from 2010-2011 budget.
- Projected Students for 2011-2012 is 3,994 down 0.55% from 2010-2011.
- Contingent Budget for 2011-2012 is No Idea ?
The proposed 2011-2012 budget will cost the average homeowner an estimated additional $0.48 per day! WOW looks like I am going to buy a Car.
In developing this budget, the Board of Education and administration faced the significant challenges of accounting for mandated increases of more than $4 million (contractual obligations, debt service and the retirement systems), while sustaining a $1.6 million reduction in our state aid allocation. However, we are confident that the presented budget addresses these challenges while representing continued growth on our journey to providing a well-rounded, rigorous program for all of our children.
So what about next year? Is this mandated increase of more than $4 million just for this year and proposing this budget solves it? NO way, this is just the beginning of the exponential curve of this mandated increases and reduced services. Simply means keep paying your $0.48 this year and then additional $0.50 cents next year and so on and along the way get bigger classes for your kids and less programs as we have to pay their benefits. Deal of lifetime !
Some arm twisting using contingency
How would a contingency budget affect our District?
If the budget is rejected by voters, the Board willA contingency budget cannot include the following expenditures:
have the option to place another budget before
voters on June 21st or adopt a contingency budget.
State law limits the increase of a contingency budget
over the previous year’s budget and prohibits certain
items from being included.
- New equipment
- Free community use of school buildings and grounds
- Capital improvements to District facilities
- Other actions may also need to be considered, such as
- Increase to class size
- Reduction of programs
- Reduction of extracurricular and athletic activities
Hauppauge Budget Newsletter 2011-2012
Hauppauge Budget Summary Revenue 2011-2012